Top 10 Reasons For Not Getting Selected For an Interview
1.Were you qualified for the job?
How closely did your background match the qualifications for the job?
In a competitive job market, candidates that are an exact or a very close match for the job requirements will get the interview.
在竞争猛烈的就业市场 ，若是求职者的配景信息与职位要求十分匹配或靠近就能获得面试的时机 。
2. Was your application complete?
Did you provide all the information required on the job application?
3.Did you make a mistake on your application?
Were all the dates of employment you listed on your application correct? Did you list accurate salary information? Did you leave off any information that should have been included? Some employers verify employment history prior to scheduling interviews. That's one reason why it's important to accurately complete your job applications.
申请表上的应聘日期是否填写准确 ？你是否清晰列明详细的薪资要求 ？有没有任何被遗漏的信息 ？某些雇主在摆设面试前会着重核实事情履历 。这就是该把求职信息填写准确无误的缘故原由了 。
4. Did you target your resume?
Does your resume showcase skills and accomplishments related to your target job? Is it clear how you added value in your previous jobs, internships, academic projects and volunteer work?
你所提交的简历能否展现所有与你目的职位相关的技术与成就 ？你所列出的历任职位 ，实习履历 ，学术项目以及自愿事情都能清晰地讲明你所提升的价值吗 ？
5. Is your resume organized so that the most relevant content is near the top and can be easily found by the screener?
5.你的简历是否条理清晰 ，以便招聘者能在显眼的地方看到最相关的内容 ？
6. Was your cover letter targeted towards the requirements of the specific job you applied for? Did you make it clear that you possessed the desired skills, experience and knowledge to get the job done?
6.你的求职信是否知足特定的职位要求 ？你是否清晰地列出了小我私家技术要求 ，履历与知识以便完成使命 ？
7. Was your cover letter long enough to make a compelling case, but no so dense that the recruiter glossed over it?
7.求职信的篇幅是否足够长 ，以到达令人信服的效果 ，但排版是否过密让雇主错过了 ？
Ideally, your letters should be 3 - 5 paragraphs long, with none of those paragraphs longer than 8 lines. Be sure to leave white space between paragraphs.
理想情形下 ，你的求职信应该到达3-5个自然段的长度 ，每个段落不多于8行 。另外请注重在段与段之间留出空缺位置 。
8. Were all your application documents error free and well written?
8.你的所有的求职文件都毫无瑕疵 ，誊写准确了吗 ？
Have you asked others to review and proofread your resume and cover letter?
9. Did you mobilize your network to find any contacts on the inside of your target employer who might put in a good word for you?
9.你是否发启航边的挚友 ，联系任何一位潜在雇主的同事为你美言几句 ？
10. What did your references say?
If you were asked to provide employment references, the employer might have checked with them prior to scheduling an interview. It's important to know that your references are going to give you a good recommendation.
若是公司要求提供推荐信 ，雇主有可能会在摆设面试前先把推荐信核查一遍 。以是你得保证你的推荐人都能为你的求职发生正面的影响 。